Honey Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Skillet
By @montoyanutrition24 .
- 4 chicken thighs
- 5 tablespoons butter divided (may use olive oil)
- 4 tablespoons honey divided
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian blend seasoning divided, (may sub about 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano + 1/4 teaspoon each dried thyme, dried basil, dried parsley)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste, plus garlic powder and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt 3 tablespoons butter. Stir in 2 tablespoons honey. Add chicken to pan and brown on each side for 3-4 minutes. Scoot chicken to the sides of the skillet.
- Add remaining butter and honey to the center of the skillet. Once butter is melted, add sweet potatoes and stir to coat in the honey-butter mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning, then add pecans and cranberries and stir to combine. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer pan to preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with fresh thyme and cracked black pepper and serve.